top of page




The Purpose of Filing for Wage Loss

This form is completed by an injured federal worker that is unable to perform the work duty. The goal is to incur payments for wages lost while the worker recovers from injury, making this a temporary solution until the person is able to recover fully and return to their job. Possible questions that will determine if you qualify for wage loss payment are:

  • Who is entitled to receive wage loss payment? 

  • What is needed to get wage loss payment? 

  • How do you file for wage loss payment? 

  • How often do you file for wage loss payment? 

  • Do you get wage loss payment if your physician says you can work?

  • Are you currently working?

  • Why will your claim for wage loss payment be denied?

  • Are you working with restrictions?

  • Did you have surgery?

These again are very important questions that must be addressed and considered to qualify for a wage loss payment. We have experienced DOL-OWCP medical providers and coordinators that can review these questions with you to assist with properly filling for wage loss claim.

What Are the Requirements for Wage Loss Forms?

You may be entitled to wage loss compensation if you are an injured federal worker who no longer is able to return to work when COP (Continuation of Pay) ends or even if you are not entitled to Continuation of Pay you may still claim compensation for wage loss. Also, if you are an injured federal employee that has returned to work but still requires ongoing medical treatment during work hours you may claim compensation for lost wages while you are undergoing treatment or traveling to and from treatment.

As a general rule, each claim for compensation must meet certain requirements before it is accepted by the Department of Labor (DOL). Such requirements can include:

  • Timely filing of claim

  • Being a federal civilian employee

  • Having an established fact of injury

  • Being in performance of duty

  • A causal relationship between your injury and employment

If you feel that you are eligible for a wage loss payment please call 972-677-7005 and speak with one of our DOL-OWCP coordinators.


Contact our Work Injury Experts today!

bottom of page