Physical Therapy and Medical Massage
Our rehab program is designed to provide you with a wide range of therapeutic activities to enhance your performance, strength, mobility and range of motion that will eventually enable you to effectively perform your work duties. Our state-of-the-art facility provides clean treatment rooms and well maintained equipment. All of our therapeutic services are performed and supervised onsite by certified and licensed professionals. When it comes to physical therapy and medical massage, you can count on the staff at Rehab4work. We are one of the few rehab clinics in Garland, Texas that specializes in federal workers comp.
Proper prescription of physical therapy is vital to the completion of healing. The phases of rehabilitation correspond to phases of healing
- Inflammatory phase: (0 – 72hrs after injury) Management during the inflammatory phase focuses on PRICE: Protection of the injured area, Relative rest, and decreasing swelling through Ice, Compression, and Elevation. Some of these modalities also may be necessary during subsequent phases of rehabilitation, particularly if pain and swelling increase during therapeutic exercise.
- Reparative: (72hrs – 3weeks) The reparative phase of rehabilitation begins after inflammation is controlled, when swelling and spasms decrease or subside and the injured area can be moved with little to no pain. An example of a patient in the reparative phase is a man who presents 1 week after ankle sprain and has mild discomfort, but his overall pain is improved.
- Maturation: (3weeks – 2yrs)
How and when a modality is used depends on type of injury and tissue response to physiologic demand and by the signs and symptoms of the stages of the healing process.
Some of the therapeutic activities we offer include:
- Full Evaluation (Posture, Alignment, Ergonomics and gait)
- Heat/cold therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Electrical stimulation and ultrasound
- Trigger point and myofascial release therapy
- Kinetic activity
- Training in activities of Daily Living
- Durable Medical Equipment
- At Home exercise prescriptions
- Nintendo Wii therapy